Monday, June 7, 2010

Facebook

Dear loyal fans,

Today, I will write my second chapter about Facebook. Assuming all of you have read the first part and already familiar with my attitude towards Facebook, I will try to concentrate on the future of Facebook - two years from now. I will start by advising you not to see my in-depth analysis and forecast as a sort of recommendation for you to invest or not in Facebook. But if you will, and you will gain some profit- dont forget about me...

We live in a different world. Such in which privacy is a synonym to "he is probably try to hide something". Do not get me wrong, this major change in our society's conception is one that is warmly embraced here. Facebook knows it, Facebook uses it. People will continue to look at Facebook as their window to society and use it more and more as a main platform to socialize and basically "present" themselves to the world.
I also believe that Facebook will join one of the main internet players such as Yahoo/Google in order to gain more power and spread to a new area. Today Facebook holds an incredible amount of personal information of its 4 billion users - these data is extremely valuable and will be used, to my opinion, in more fields such as personalized advertisement.

I do hope that this process will be as slow as possible. I am a Facebook user but not because I find it so amazing, but because the society I live in does; and if I wanna stay connected to it I should do some adjustments.

All the best
YV

1 comment:

  1. You mean 400 million and not billion, right? :)
    I agree with you. This society openness is a trend and not necessary facebooks problem. They are just using this to their advantage and we benefit also, for free, from this service/experience.

    ReplyDelete