Monday, May 24, 2010

Cause the times they are changing...or maybe not?

"Microsoft it's not about greed. It's about innovation and fairness" (Bill Gates)



It's hard to think of a sentence which will steer the blood in so many people's veins. Microsoft has done almost all it could in order to state itself as a monopoly. By coming up with updates every other day, which do nothing but raising the chances of your OS to get stuck, again...


It looks, and I do not consider myself as an expert in the field, that the public is slowly getting tired of Microsoft, old and new competitors are starting to appear more and more and their good is all but "not as good as" Microsoft's. Personally, I am user. Yes, I have always been a user and I doubt it if my next computer will not be as well. Why? that is a good question, there are several reasons I think, the price of the ultimate competitor - Apple, is still not as appealing as Microsoft and despite the fact that what you get from Apple is much better, do I really need that? One more reason I think is the fact I am just used to Microsoft and many people would admit that to start "learning" the new computer is not so attractive and sometimes not worth it.


Nevertheless, I believe that Microsoft will continue loosing their power and absolute control over the market unless they would change their attitude and put more effort in pleasing their customers instead of milking them. Even though it's impossible to stay so big and dominant for long, especially in this market, Microsoft can still stay the strongest player cause with one fact you cannot argue - people do not like changes and Microsoft must remember that and take advantage of that.


And one small picture with which most of you could identify...







YV




2 comments:

  1. Why drive an Opel if you can drive a Mercedes?
    Using a computer doesn't have to be a pain or complicated. You want simple and straightforward stuff, try out mac (and also spend some more bucks! but its worth every penny!)

    and be ready, because soon we all will be moving to mobile devices! yes, like the iPad (tablets and its equivalents). In this field, Microsoft is not the king! Windows Mobile has just 7% market share of the Smartphone market!

    Nice post class-neighbour!, see you in class! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest problem with Microsoft today is that they've lost there edge, of course you can always argue they've never had it.
    I'm a Windows user because I have to, my work programs aren't compatible with other operating systems. I wish they were. Microsoft is still acting like what ever they do people will buy it, and I guess that's true in most cases. I hope to see the competition growing more and more. Mac OS and Linux are better softwares and with Chrome OS coming out some time soon the future looks brighter (if you forget about small things like war, global warming, aids, starvation, genocides and apples with worms inside).

    ReplyDelete